Data Protection Policy in terms of information to be provided according to Art. 13/14 GDPR
The following data protection policy inform you, as the data subject, what personal information we collect about you when you visit our website and, where appropriate, use our web services and how we process your data.
- Controller responsible for data processing
The data controller as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other national data protection legislation of the European Union member states as well as other statutory data protection regulations is:
DST Dauermagnet-SystemTechnik GmbH
Fon +49 (0) 23 94 / 6 16 - 80
Fax +49 (0) 23 94 / 6 16 - 81
- Data protection officer of the controller
The contact details of the data protection officer are:
Tel.: +49 2351 66854-37
- Controller responsible for data processing The data controller as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other national data protection legislation of the European Union member states as well as other statutory data protection regulations is:
- General information on data processing
- Scope and purpose of the processing of personal data We process personal data of our users insofar as this is required to provide a functioning website as well as to use our content and services. Technical data (such as web browser, operating system, or page access time stamp) is automatically collected by our information technology systems as soon as you enter our website.
- Legal basis for the processing of personal data
If we ask a data subject for consent to use his or her personal data for processing operations, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR serves as the legal basis.
When it is required that we process personal data to perform a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are required to carry out pre-contractual measures.
If we are required to process personal data to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis.
In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. d GDPR serves as the legal basis.
If processing is required to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third-party and the interests, constitutional rights and fundamental freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-named interest, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing.
- Data recipients or categories of recipients Generally, there is no transfer of this personal data to third parties. However, the operation of this website may require that technical service providers have access to personal information. In these cases, we will - as far as known - specify the scope of the data and the data recipients.
- Transfer to third countries The web servers of our company are located within the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) and we do not process data outside of the EU or the EEA. Nevertheless, we include helpful services on our website for you as a user (for example Google Maps from the USA) and point to third-party transfer in these cases.
- Storage period or criteria used to determine that period The personal data of the data subject is erased or blocked as soon there is no longer a purpose for storage. Storage can take place beyond this if it is provided for by Union law directives, laws or other regulations by European or national legislators to which the controller is subject. Data is also blocked or erased if a retention period prescribed by the standards mentioned expires, unless there exists a requirement for further storage of the data for the conclusion of a contract or the performance of a contract.
- Rights of the data subject
If personal data that concerns you is processed, you are a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR and you have the following rights with regard to us as the data controller:
- The right of access to your processed data pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR.
- The right to rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored with us pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR.
- The right to erasure of your personal data pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, provided that the prerequisite for erasure is met.
- The right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, if the prerequisite is met.
- The right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, provided that the requirements for data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR are met.
- The right to object to processing of personal data concerning you, on grounds relating to your particular situation, pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, if the processing of the data is based on the legitimate interest according to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- The right to withdraw your granted consent pursuant to Art. 7 Para. 3 GPDR.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority according to Art. 77 GPDR, if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the regulation. You can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work place as well as our company headquarters.
A list of the German supervisory authorities with address can be found at: www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html More detailed information on your rights regarding the processing of your personal data you can read here.
- Data processing in detail
- Transfer by means of SSL/TLS encryption This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transfer of confidential content. The encrypted connection is guaranteed by the hypertext transfer protocol HTTPS (“https://”). In this instance, data which is transmitted to us by a user cannot be read by third parties.
- Provision of website and generation of log files
- Description and scope of the processing of personal data
Every time our website is accessed, our system automatically captures data of the accessing device. The following data might be collected:
- Browser type and version used
- The user’s operating system
- The user’s IP address
- Date and time of access
- Websites from which the user accesses our website (referrer)
- Websites accessed by the user through our website
- Legal basis for the data processing The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and the log files is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- Purpose of the data processing
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable the website to be delivered to the user’s computer. The user’s IP address must be stored for the duration of the session.
The storage in log files is carried out to ensure the functioning of the website. In addition, the data serves to optimise the website and to ensure the security of our IT systems. These purposes include our legitimate interest in the data processing pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- Data recipients The recipient of the data may be technical service providers who are responsible for the operation and maintenance of our website.
- Duration of storage
The data is erased as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose of its collection. This happens when the particular session has ended, in the event of data being captured for the provision of the website.
When data is stored in log files, it is erased after seven days. It is possible for data to be stored beyond this point. In this instance, the IP addresses of users are erased or anonymized, so that an association with the accessing client is no longer possible.
- Obligation to provide, Withdrawal/objection and removal option The capture of data to provide the website and the storage of data in files is an absolute requirement needed for the operation of the website. For this reason, an objection is excluded.
- Description and scope of the processing of personal data Every time our website is accessed, our system automatically captures data of the accessing device. The following data might be collected:
Use of SalesViewer® technology
This website uses SalesViewer® technology from SalesViewer® GmbH on the basis of the website operator’s legitimate interests (Section 6 paragraph 1 lit.f GDPR) in order to collect and save data on marketing, market research and optimisation purposes.
The data stored by Salesviewer will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for their intended purpose and there are no legal obligations to retain them. The data recording and storage can be repealed at any time with immediate effect for the future, by clicking on www.salesviewer.com/opt-out in order to prevent SalesViewer® from recording your data. In this case, an opt-out cookie for this website is saved on your device. If you delete the cookies in the browser, you will need to click on this link again.
Google Ads and Google conversion tracking
This website uses Google Ads. Google Ads is an online advertising programme provided by Google
Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
In the context of Google Ads we use so-called conversion tracking. When you click on an ad placed by Google, a cookie is set for conversion tracking. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used to personally identify users. If the user visits certain pages of this website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and we ourselves can recognise that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
Each Google Ads customer receives a different cookie. The cookies cannot be tracked across the websites of Google Ads customers. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for Google Ads customers who have opted in to conversion tracking. Customers learn the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page tagged with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that personally identifies users. If you do not wish to participate in the tracking, you can object to this use by deactivating the Google conversion tracking cookie. You will then not be included in the conversion tracking statistics.
The legitimacy of the storage of "conversion cookies" and the use of this tracking tool are based on Art. 6 Section 1 lit. f of the GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analysing user behaviour in order to optimise both its website and its advertising. If the relevant consent has been requested (e.g. consent to the storage of cookies), the processing is carried out exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 Section 1 lit. a of the GDPR.
- Final note
Users are requested to keep themselves informed regularly about the contents of the data protection policy.
- Changes to the data protection policy We reserve the right to change this data protection policy to adapt to changed legal positions or changes to the services and the data processing.
- Date of the data protection policy This data protection policy is currently valid as of 12/12/2018.